Some people just have big hearts, Stephanie. And with this gift they're very often able to feel, offer, and show far more love than they receive from those around them. Which, at times, is a heavy load to bear. So today I'd like to remind them, and especially you, that the sun asks not that the moon and planets help brighten each day, but relishes her role as a keeper of the light and a bringer of the dawn. A role much like your own.
Happy weekend, from the Sun and I -
The Universe
How true you are universe. I often times feel as if I love too much and am too kind, and yet I never receive even half of that back. I don't try to be nice in order to receive kindness and compassion from others. Compassion is something that should naturally be given to others in life. "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." said the Dalai Lama. So why do I feel as if there are always people to bring me down? Do a good deed, and it is met with the occasional naysayer. Be kind to others, and there is always something there mocking or joking without realizing just how much the joke can hurt. But even though I fight back the tears, I know that I cannot treat them with the same disrespect they show me. Tonight I ranted and said some mean things to other people and I felt so bad that I could not imagine how awful I would feel if I had said it to the person. I needed to just rant and get so many things off of my chest, but I do not truly mean the negative things I said. Sometimes a rant about something or something that pushes negativity into my life is needed, but in the end, I am grateful for that because it shows me how much work needs to be done in spreading love, kindness, and understanding in to the world. I do it because it is necessary to do in order for the human spirit to survive. So universe, thank you and I love you. Let's keep shining!
16 January, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment