I acted strange. I made art. I listened to punk rock. I was no different from everybody I know. Living in this fucking fat ass, noncreative, consumerist culture, where the only way any of us can reach out is by fucking overexposing ourselves; making blogs, fucking instant messaging. I mean, we have very little communication as it is. Anyway, I went away to make music, and I came home, and I was alone and I had a nervous breakdown and I created Foggy to be my eyes and to be my ears. Because ultimately, the truth is is that I am so fucking alone. I am so pathetic and I am so alone and so maladjusted, so undeserving of love, so unlovable, that I probably should just stay behind my work and I don't blame anyone when they walk away from me because that's what I do. I walk away from me.
~Ryan Adams
15 April, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sometimes i think ryan adams speaks from my brain and my heart. does he live inside of me?
He lives inside of me. He lives inside of you. Ryan lives inside of anyone who lives in this world and makes art; loves art; feels art. Through his darkness he creates the most beautiful things and he speaks to and for different parts of different people.
Post a Comment