The greatest spiritual teacher in history said;
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
The words of Buddha are my life. I strive to live them every single day. I am not perfect and am still learning every single day, but I try to be the best person I can be.
~ As Jaymay so beautifully sings, "I am not an ill-willed person." I try my best to do things that will not hurt others. If someone is accidentally hurt or bothered by something I said or did, then I feel completely awful because I never want someone to hurt because of me.
~ I am not an innocent person, but I can definitely say that I never do things with intentions of hurting people. EVER. Sometimes things are said when they shouldn't be or things are stated incorrectly, but none of this has ever been done with intent to hurt people or cause any problems.
~ I care more about others than I care about myself. I want everyone to be happy and have spent much of my life being unhappy because I have given up so many things that bring me joy in my life just because it will make others around me happy. I have let so many friends go because I felt as if the problems I have suffered with since high school has negatively affected them and I didn't want my personal problems to bring them down. It wasn't until this past year that I have found friends that accept me, even when I have my breakdowns, and refuse to let me pull myself away from them. I had bouts of temporary insanity and they were the ones who would pull me back up and tell me it would all be okay. It killed me inside so much to know that there were times that people had to worry about me though because I would rather they have been enjoying life than thinking about whether I was okay or not.
~ I don't understand hate. I will never understand hate. Hate is something that I cannot find within myself and I am truly blessed that the universe has not touched me with that disease. I hate no one. I hate nothing.
~ I am not an angry person. If I am at a time when I lose myself, then I can find that anger and I have taken the hurt I was feeling out on others. This happens when I just snap and lose all sense of self, and instead of wanting to admit the problem is myself, I take it out on someone else. It is also a way to make that person back away from me so that they don't have to deal with me and instead can be happy and carefree and my struggle does not bring them down at all.
~ I am not mean to people. I cannot find it in myself to put someone down. It is not in my nature to speak negatively to someone. A person could be viewed as the most negative, horrible person in existence, and I still believe there is good in them that cannot be found by speaking harshly about their character, but rather by not reacting to the bad in the same fashion that could bring about that characterization of them.
~ I legit am this girl:
BUDDHA
Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.
None of us is better than the other. None of us is worse. We are all here. We are all now. The only thing you can do is love.
*mb*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment