So let's catch up on the 2008 Stef.
2008 has been a tough year, but it's been a great year. I had a breakdown earlier in the year, but I have found the most incredible people I've ever known and they clung to me and helped me find myself again. I saw Spring Awakening again, and sadly it wasn't the show that I came to love well over a year ago. It is still my favorite show, but the performance I saw was just off and different... it made me sad. But I also saw the brilliance that is Passing Strange. "People like us, we think that art is more real then life itself." Enough said. I also saw In The Heights twice and it has become one of my favorite musicals. It just has so much heart and moves me so much. It's such a positive thing that has come into my life and it makes me so grateful for people who are willing to share their talents. The highlight not only of my year, but it has become my favorite day ever, was seeing Old Springs Pike FINALLY. That band means the world to me. Everything about them is just pure love. And the thing that made seeing them so amazing was being with my friends. I couldn't have asked for anything better than sitting there singing along to the songs with Amanda, Kate, and Rachel. If I looked around, I could see Melissa and Michelle and Showgofa just enjoying themselves as well and my heart burst with happiness because we were all there together seeing this band that means the world to us all. Music and love. There is nothing else I need.
I also had the unbelievable pleasure of seeing Barack Obama speak at PSU. This man... there are no words. I have followed him for the past four years and he moves me more than I can say. He is the most inspiring person out there in US politics and he is truly the voice of the people. He does not speak for us, but he speaks as us and with us. He is our hope. I cannot wait until he leads this country.
And not to copy from Melissa, but I need to post one of my new favorite things ever from one of the loves of my life, Ryan Adams.
Keep Making Art,
and when you get tired; eat,
and/ or watch movies, every
kind
make tea and then Keep
Making Art.
That Will Keep You From
Becoming
"THEM"
- You Know-
those people
who could, but don't
and know there is nothing left
for them
them, the terrible them
that tear down the ones
WHO NEVER GAVE UP
on the dream
because you and me kid,
we were made of that stuff
and were born to dream,
even sometimes
for "them"
1 comment:
i want more!
Post a Comment